Saturday 19 April 2014

Goldy Locks | Current Hair Products

If you knew what I looked like, you'd think this caption was stupendously deceiving. My hair is currently a mousy brown (no where near golden) and it's in terrible condition (I wouldn't class it as locks). So this post is more so about my errmm journey to getting to the golden locks I dream of having.



Two years ago I made the jump of going from blonde to brunette. At the time I loved it, and so I continued to dye it for the next year and then I decided it was time to try ombre. I enjoyed that hairstyle too but now I just want my blonde hair back. I am gradually having highlights as my hairdresser mother refuses (quite rightly so) to dye it blonde as it will ruin the condition. So I am currently left with a horrific washed out brown with blonde highlights giving my hair an overall ginger tint, yay...

My friend, who is moving up to London to work in a prestigious salon, advised me to purchase the John Frieda Sheer Blonde Go Blonder Lightening Shampoo. It could just be the placebo effect but, much to my delight, I'm pretty sure my hair is lightening up using this!
The other product I use on my hair whilst I shower is the TIGI Catwalk Oatmeal & Honey & Avoine & Miel Hair Mask. It smells really nice and nourishes my hair back to some sort of health. 

 

Before I dry my hair, I apply 3 products. I first apply two (amazing smelling as usual) Toni&Guy sprays, the Sea Salt Texturising Spray and the Heat Defence Spray - I'm taking as many precautions as I can not to ruin my hair further! I find the sea salt spray helps to add natural wave and texture to my hair. 


I also use the Lee Stafford Blow Dry Your Hair Faster Spray which is pretty self explanatory. A few sprays of this before blow drying really does speed up the tedious process, an absolute god send!


Finally, to add a bit of volume to my flat hair I spray some L'oreal Paris Studio Line #TXT Spray. This was another product that I saw Zoella promote on her channel and if I could get hair that looked the slightest bit like hers, I'd be happy! It does make my hair feel thicker but it wins my vote with it's divine scent.


If you have any hair products that you use and would recommend pleaseeeee comment them below!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment